If any social media website defines the art of living and sharing the moment to the world, it has to be Instagram!
In the old days, all you could share were photos and a short clip spanning a minute. Today, you can even share a full-fledged video for your followers to watch. When on the app, you can scroll through pictures and videos, share the video with you near and closed ones, and save them for the future.
But what if you need to download a photo or video to watch it offline? Bookmarking is easy; downloading isn’t. There is no in-built option to download photos or videos on the app. When it comes to photos, we have been managing by taking a screenshot, but the same isn’t feasible for videos.
What if we tell you that you can download the necessary photos and videos for free by using a video downloader, or as we call it, Instagram video downloader? That is what we are going to discuss today.
Saving Instagram videos on your Windows or Mac PC
There are many free Instagram video downloader apps available for your PC. The most popular apps are DownloadGram, DreDown, and Download Instagram Videos. Or, if you are a tech geek, you can download it using the source code.
Here is how you can use video downloader services to download pictures and videos on your PC –
- While hovering your search feed, if you get something that you want to download, you will see three parallel dots on its right top. Tap on it.
- Click on “Copy Link” and shift over to your free Instagram video downloader.
- If the website/software allows downloading via multiple platforms, tap on the Instagram tab, and paste the URL.
- After that, select the requisite format you want to media to download and tap on Enter.
If you are looking to download stories, here are the steps to do it –
- Several online services allow you to download Instagram stories such as StorySaver.net, StoryDownloader, or StoriesIG.
- On the portal, fill up the text box asking you to enter the Instagram ID from where you want to download.
- AS soon as you enter the profile name, you will see that a grid appears, which consists of all the current stories of the user. Tap on the one you want to download.
Saving Instagram videos on your iOS or Android device
As is the case with your PC, you can use several video downloader apps on your handheld device to download your favourite media in no time. If you are on iOS, you can take the help of a free Instagram video downloader app called Regrammer.
When on Android, you can use any from a plethora of video downloader apps available on the Google Play Store. We are using the one called Video Downloader for Instagram.
Here are the steps to download pictures and videos using a free Instagram video downloader app on your iOS or Android device –
- In the Instagram app, open the video or image that you want to download.
- On its top right, you will see three dots. Tap on them and click on “Copy Link.”
- Now go over to your video downloader app and paste the link.
- The media will start downloading. After the download is complete, you can repost it too.
If you want to download the media in the Stories section of any user on your iOS device, here are the steps for you –
- On the Apple App Store, you will find an application called ReShare Story for Instagram. Download it and move over to the next step.
- Once downloaded, open it and give access to your photo library.
- After that, enter the Instagram Username and tap on Search.
- You can now watch all the available stories on that account and even download them for viewing later.
For those using an Android device and wanting to download stories on Instagram, don’t feel left out. Here are your steps to use any free Instagram video downloader and get the media on your device –
- On the Google Play Store, you will find an app named Story Saver App – Stories & Highlights Downloader. Tap on install and wait for it to finish downloading on to your device.
- After the download is complete, open the app and log in to your Instagram account in the app.
- On the main page, you will see the Stories that the people you follow have posted.
- If you want to find someone else’s stories, you can tap on the search button on your top right and enter their name.
- Now tap on the requisite media and then click on “Save.” Voila! Open your file manager, and you will find the media on your device.
Instagram has become a hub for online marketing. There are times when you look at a competitor’s streak and want to forward it as a reference to your team. Be it for personal or professional purposes; you can save them offline using the requisite video downloader in just a matter of minutes.