Have you just tried to send an email, but getting Gmail Server error 007? Your Gmail might be telling you ‘a server error occurred, and your email was not sent.‘ Get the different methods to fix Gmail error 007 in this article.
Gmail is the most popular email service which everyone uses daily. Although it is considered the best email service, it also has issues with its server. Gmail error #007 is one of such errors that people usually experience in Gmail.
When this server error 007 occurs in Gmail, the account gets freeze where users are not able to open anything or click anything. Also, no email can be sent during this error. This error is usually experienced in the Chrome browser. If you are also experiencing the same, you would not have to worry about how to fix it. We have here compiled the fixes of the Gmail 007 error.
What is Gmail Server Error 007?
Gmail Server Error 007 is a common error experienced by users on their Gmail account. As a user, you may not be able to access your account and get stuck with this particular error. There are multiple reasons for this.
- If your system is misconfigured due to the installations of some applications, such errors are bound to occur and cause issues with your Gmail account.
- Another very common reason could be the user of the Antivirus application on your system. If it detects any suspicious activity on the web used by you. It will limit the access without you knowing. Making some changes can fix this issue.
- A slow internet connection can also be a reason for Gmail Server Error 007. Make sure your connection is reliable and fast enough to help you access your account.
- Make sure your system is up-to-date. This includes an updated browser as well on which you are using your internet and surfing on the web.
- Sudden onset of virus can be another reason for this error. Make sure you scan the system and remove any virus if at all.
These are some of the reasons behind the error that could have affected your system entirely. Here are the ways given below by which you can permanently fix the error and get access to your Gmail account once again.
How to Fix Gmail Server Error 007?
Here are the fixes which you can try to solve Gmail server error 007. Let’s start now-
1- Logout and Login Back to Gmail
The first thing to work, while getting Gmail Server Error#007 is to log out of the Gmail and login back into the account. You can try this if you want your Gmail to work urgently for some work. It may solve your error temporarily.
2- Restart Your Browser
Close your browser and restart it. After this try logging in into your Gmail account again. Your Gmail may start working again. Some of the users recommend login in using the URL mail.google.com.
3- Clear cache and Cookies of Browser
Image Source: Grahamcluley.com
Next thing you can try if your Gmail error #007 persists is to clear the cache and cookies of your browser. Follow these steps to clear cookies and cache-
- Click on the three dots you would find on the right side of the browser to go the menu of the Google Chrome browser. If you are using any other browser, go to its settings.
- In the opened menu, click on the option of advanced settings.
- In the opened window, go to the cookies option and click on all cookies and site data.
- Now Click on Remove all and then click Done.
- This will remove all cookies and cache, try logging in again in your Gmail account and check for the Gmail server error 007. If you still get the problem, then you should move to the next method.
4- Update Browser
Image Source: learnewthings.com
Your browser might be running an old version. This might be the reason for getting Gmail server error #007. You should update your browser first and then recheck Gmail. In fact, to update you can get the option in the settings of your browser.
5- Check for the viruses
Your system might have some virus that may cause the Gmail error code 007. You would need to scan your computer throughout with your antivirus to check viruses. If you don’t have any antivirus, you can check it with an online antivirus.
Try Avast Premier Antivirus to check for the potential threats in your computer which is causing you #007 Gmail error. Get Avast Premier free here.
6- Disable Browser Extensions
If none of the above methods work for you in removing Gmail error #007, you should check your Browser’s Extension. The extension you might have installed recently may create the problem, or if you didn’t have any fresh install, any of the extensions could be the reason for getting an error in Gmail. It is, therefore, required to disable browser extension which is newly installed or all extensions (in case not installed recently). To disable extensions, follow these-
- In your browser, click on the three dots you would get on the top right corner of the browser.
- Look for the menu and click on more tools.
- In the second menu click Extensions.
- Now In the opened, tab uncheck the enabled option. In case you want to test all extensions, uncheck for all. Check Gmail after enabling each extension.
7- Disable Gmail Labs Background Send
Image Source: under30ceo.c0m
If your background send is enabled, it may cause Gmail Server error 007. Thus, you would need to disable the option. To disable, follow these steps-
- Go to your Gmail account and click on the gear icon which is placed on the right side of the screen.
- In the menu, click on Settings.
- In the settings page, click on the Lab tab.
- Look for Background send and disable it.
- Now again try checking your email account.
8- Disable Email Signature from your antivirus
Image Source: softwarebattle.com
The reason for the error you are getting on Gmail could be the antivirus you are using. McAfee, Avast, and AVG are the antivirus that mostly creates this issue. Furthermore, it is required to disable the email signature from antivirus to fix Gmail error 007.
For AVG Users, these are the steps required to be followed-
- Go to the settings.
- Click on General.
- Look for the Email signature, uncheck the box.
- Click on save.
Avast Users can follow these steps-
- Go to the setting.
- Click on the General tab.
- Uncheck the box of ‘enable email signature.’
- Click on Save.
9- Try Other Browsers to avoid Gmail Server Error 007
Gmail generally shows this #007 Server error in the Chrome browser as per the reports by most users worldwide. So it is advisable that you try your hands on some other browsers as well. If you don’t want to go with the above fixes, you can try another browser to login Gmail account. In another browser, you would be able to access your Gmail account properly.
We recommend Avast Safezone Browser which is based on chromium the same as Google Chrome which comes with bank mode. Other browsers you can go for are Mozilla, Opera, and Brave Browser. Moreover, you can use all your Chrome extensions in the Brave browser as it is also based on Chromium and it’s blazing fast. Try any of these suggested browsers to send emails from Gmail, and you won’t have to deal with the 007 error server error from Gmail.
These are some of the most common reasons and errors that you have experience in your Gmail account. You can easily try any of the given methods above and resolve them. It may happen that none of the above methods works to resolve the issue. In such a case simply, contact customer support or take help from your Windows 10 system.
We have been constantly updating the fixes. If you have something that worked for you. Do not forget to let us know in the comment section below. Furthermore, for any other query let us know.