Have you been still using a YouTube name which you choose ages ago? Well, it is high time to get rid of it and change your name to something much cooler and catchy. There is no doubt over the fact that YouTube has become a huge source of income for people a YouTube sensation or influencer. This guide isn’t about making money online through YouTube, but to answer the question on “How to change YouTube Name” so that you can start over.
The process or the steps involved isn’t too difficult so it won’t take much of your time. Just keep in mind that even if you change the name it does not change the URL of the YouTube page. For that, you will have to change the custom URL using certain other options. Without waiting much now, let us get directly to the steps to change YouTube Channel Name.
How to change YouTube Name from PC or Laptop
The very first thing that you must be aware of is the fact that your current YouTube channel name is the same as given to your Google Account. So, you can change it and keep it according to the video you are willing to post or simply keep your name as it is.
- Open YouTube on your web browser. And Sign In using your Google Account.
- Click on the account Image on the top-right corner of the page.
- From the drop-down menu click on “Settings”.
- Press on “Edit on Google”.
- Enter your “First Name”, your “Last Name” and your “Nickname”, Press OK.
Well, this will set you off to change your YouTube Name. There isn’t anything more that needs to be done further apart from this. Since Google+ is not active anymore, earlier versions used to display the Edit on Google+ option. So, make sure you do not confuse.
How to change YouTube Name through Mobile devices
So, you might have been wondering if you can do something similar without having to open your system, then we have got it covered for you. For that, you can use the YouTube mobile application. Simply follow the steps below.
- Open Youtube Mobile App on your smartphones or tablets.
- Click on the account image on the top-right corner of your devices.
- Simply, press on “My Channel” to open the list of options.
- Press on the “Settings Icon” beside your name.
- Click on the pencil icon to edit your name or add a description. Tap on OK once done.
There it goes. It is highly easy and simple to change your YouTube name via any device in which you feel comfortable. Surely there are certain limitations to how many times you can perform this action. Let us straight get down to some more information.
Things to Consider while changing your name on YouTube
It is a great step to change the name on the YouTube channel. But do it very carefully. You may not want to make any mistakes. Just be sure that you have decided the right name and then confirm it.
- Every User is entitled to change their YouTube channel name three time for every 90 days.
- It takes a fair amount of time to reflect the changed name on YouTube.
- As an active user, if you plan to change the name of your Google Account, it will be changed across all Google services such as Gmail.
- If you’ve translated your channel name with channel translations, you’ll need to update the translations with your new name.
- If your school or business manages your account, you may not be able to change your name in your Google Account settings. Get in touch with your system administrator for help.
There isn’t anything more that you need to think of other than what has been mentioned in the above post. Well, this is pretty much all. Follow the steps mentioned above and change the YouTube name.
Choosing a good name or a professional name can be a little challenging. Take your time and decide according to the time of videos you will be posting on your channel. Or you can keep something that defines you where people will relate with you accordingly and follow you.
You can also check out “How to Get Help on Windows 10” here.
If you are stuck at any step, do let us know in the comment section. We will be happy to assist you with anything and in the best manner possible.